Metroidvania Game Jam Entry
For best experience read the instructions and tips before playing! :)
Welcome Agent! Once more we need your help. This time to eliminate a very dangerous individual - a scientist that is trying to develop a WoMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction). A bomb that inflicts the worst of all damages - makes everyone infinitely hungry. You are our only hope.
Please bear in mind that the contains some bugs, one of them is quite critical. Sometimes after death the player does not respawn. The game is saved after you enter each level - in case the screen goes black and player does not respawn restart game and select "Continue" from menu.
Which version to play?
If you are Windows user it is recommended that you use the downloable version. Saving is not fully optimised and the game is having quite a lot of sounds which even with good internet connection lags it sometimes. Also when playing the web version it seems some sounds are missing completely.
Recording the gameplay
I am confirming with Epidemic Sounds if other parties are allowed to record videos of the game with the sound. Until it is fully clarified, if you plan to record a video of the game I recommend toggling the sound off in the game menu to stay claim free.
In case the Epidemic Sound license is not suitable for recording by third parties I will substitute all the sound with sounds from other, more suitable resources.
[WSAD] - Movement
[Left Mouse Button] - Shooting
[Q] and [E] - Changing weapon (when available)
[R] - Reloading
[F] - Interacting with environment, picking up items
[TAB] - Using first aid kit (when available)
[M] - Map and time counter
- Save your ammo as much as possible
- Check achievements in the menu - this will help you to determine your gameplay style
- Utilize shadows - when you are hidden you inflict massive damage
- The peaceful achievement is really hard to get especially if you try to get the careful achievement at the same time
- Remember there is no pentalty for death so you can also go full berserk!
- There are all together 5 weapons. Top 3 weapons are "not that easy to find". Having all of them makes the game significantly easier.
There is currently no major plan to make it full fledged game, however this may change overtime. There will be however some minor improvements to the level design. It is required to facilitate the stealth game element of the game + prevent some enemies from shooting the player just after the level is changed.
Music: Mission Snow by Wendel Scherer https://www.epidemicsound.com/
Sound: https://www.epidemicsound.com/ and free resources
All the rest: Piotr Xiris Wszyński
- Allowing to mute music and all sounds (from game menu)
- Fixing critical bug that did not allow to start the game
- Increasing boss hp
- Increasing time that enemies wait before attacking player
- Modifying elevator in Lab Entrance so player cannot get stuck in the shaft.
- Decreasing boss helath
- Fixing bug where player was able to go through boss zone without killing him
- Simplifying path in the escape route a little bit
- Decreasing number of gas particles
- After player death the collision with water will not generate sounds
- Player is not able to shoot after dying
- Hidden areas are not uncovered when hero is dead and falling down
- HOPEFULLY FIXED THE BLACK SCREEN ISSUE. Wasn't able to replicate the bug after some changes to handling character respawn. Further tests are needed but it looks promising.